State of Idaho wants reports from businesses damaged by wildfires

September 17, 2013 

The Idaho Department of Commerce is seeking reports from businesses affected by the Beaver Creek and Elk Complex wildfires this summer.

If at least five small, non-farm business submit reports, the small Idaho businesses will be eligible to receive federal disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.

Businesses in Ada, Blaine, Boise, Butte, Camas, Custer, Elmore, Gooding, Owyhee, Lincoln and Minidoka Counties can submit reports detailing their property damage caused by the wildfires.

Farms aren't eligible for SBA loans but can apply for assistance from their county U.S. Department of Agriculture office.

The reports are available at the Idaho Department of Commerce website. Forms can be printed and faxed to 208-334-2631, emailed to or mailed to:

Jerry Miller

Idaho Department of Commerce

P.O. Box 83720

Boise, ID 83720-0093


Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service