Events this week
Meet Me Monday: 5:15 p.m. Free community run/walk every Monday, rain or shine. Pioneer/Old Boise Building, northwest corner of 6th and Main, Boise.
Boise Womens Rugby: 6:30- 8:30 p.m. Practice every Monday and Thursday at Winstead Park, 6150 W. Northview St., Boise. Bring water, cleats and mouth guard.
Game Night: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Boise Librarys Hillcrest Branch, 5246 W. Overland Road, Boise.
Caldwell Farmers Market: 4-7:30 p.m. Indian Creek Park, corner of Blaine Street and South 7th Avenue next to Treasure Valley Community College in Caldwell. More info: caldwellidfarmersmarket.com.
Animal House at the Egyptian: 7 p.m. Boise Classic Movies screens this John Belushi classic. Egyptian Theatre, 700 W. Main St., Boise. Cost: $9 online, $11 at the box office. More info: boiseclassicmovies.com
Boise Urban Garden Schools 10th Anniversary: 6 p.m., BUGS Garden, 4821 Franklin Road, Boise. $60 (includes beer, wine and dinner). Call 891-4769, ext. 103, for tickets, or purchase via PayPal online, www.boiseurbangardenschool.org.
Los Pastores Salsa: Product and Recipe Showcase: 12 p.m., Boise Sesqui-Shop, 1008 Main St.
Also Friday at the Sesqui-Shop, writer Rita Branham Rodriguez gives a talk on Boises early art set, the hobohemians, 6 p.m. Both events are free.
Agendas this week
Meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, third-floor council chambers, City Hall, 150 Capitol Blvd.
- Resolution accepting a $4.7 million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration
- Second reading of aggressive-solicitation law
- First, second and third reading of law to establish ballot language for a bond that would invest in parks, open space and fire protection facilities
Planning & Zoning
Meets at 6 p.m. Monday, third-floor council chambers, City Hall, 150 Capitol Blvd.
- Consideration of request to annex, with preliminary subdivision plat, a 69-unit development on 29.22 acres located at 6780 E. Warm Springs Road
- Rezone and preliminary subdivision plat for a 22-unit development on 4.2 acres located at 430 S. Cotterell Drive
Meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday, third-floor council chambers, City Hall, 150 Capitol Blvd.
- Request to build three two-story structures for two car dealerships and one collision repair center at 12345 W. Fairview Ave.
- Request to build three-story office building at 1508 S. Cloverdale Road
Meets at noon, CCDC, 121 N. 9th. St.
- Consideration of MOU with city of Boise for 30th Street revitalization plan - Consideration of streetscape grant for 2nd Street and Broad Street
Meets Tuesday at City Hall, 660 E. Civic Lane.
5:30 p.m. Open house
- Celebration of purchase of Eagle City Hall.
6:30 p.m. regular council meeting
- Public hearing on water fees and rate changes for the Eagle Water Department
- An ordinance annexing property in Lockley Subdivision
Meets Monday at City Hall, 6015 Glenwood St.
5:30 p.m. work session
- Discussion of proposed Christmas tree light on Monday, Nov. 25
- Presentation by Idaho Attorney Generals Office regarding funding to Garden City for prevention of Internet Crimes Against Children
6 p.m. regular council meeting
- Supplemental budget adjustments in amount of $152,784
- Approve purchase of three police vehicles
- Approve memorandum of understanding with Idaho Attorney Generals Office for funding of one police officer under the ICAC program
- Approval of concept design for outdoor plaza/amphitheater to be built outside library and north end of council chambers
Joint meeting with Kuna School Board starts at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Kuna Joint School District Office, 711 Porter St.
- Define expectations for future joint meetings
- Short updates from each entity
Meets at 3 p.m., Tuesday at City Hall, 33 E. Broadway Ave.
- Presentation of volunteer of the year award to Tom McKinstry
- Urban parking, discussing potential changes to parking policies and standards in downtown, traditional neighborhood districts
Holds a special joint meeting with the Planning and Zoning Commission at 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 10 at City Hall.
- Discussion of Eastern Treasure Valley Electric plan
- Executive session
Meets 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the parks maintenance facility, 1700 E. Lanark, for a tour of parks and recreation facilities. Meet at the training room at 5:15 p.m.
- The public is invited, but space is limited. Call 888-3579 to RSVP.
Meet daily at the Ada County Courthouse, 200 W. Front St. For complete agendas, go to adaweb.net.
- Reconsideration of Sept. 3 decision on purchase of security information and event management system
- Public hearing on a resolution for sole source procurement of printer for election materials
- Change to zoning ordinance map to rezone 5.68 acres from the Very High Density Residential district to the Community Commercial district highway district
Meets at noon Wednesday, ACHD, 3775 Adams St., Garden City.
- Vacation of a portion of Floating Feather Road west of North Lanewood Road and south of existing West Floating Feather Road
- Condemnation of right of way for Fairview and Liberty intersection project
Holding a special meeting at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Council Chambers, 411 3rd St. S.
- Title 10 code amendments
- Bicycle parking space requirement
Meet daily at the Canyon County Courthouse, 1115 Albany St., Caldwell. For complete agendas, go to www.canyonco.org.
- Follow-up meeting on brownfields cleanup alternatives for property at 72 N. Sugar Ave. in Nampa
- Meeting to discuss Southwest Idaho Juvenile Detention Courtroom addition project and present budget and funding sources
- Consideration of a rezone request for Devin and Sue Muchow
Road work this week
- Eisenman (MP 59.8) to Indian Creek (MP 70) restricted through mid-November.
- 8th Street from Myrtle to River streets closed through Oct. 1.
- 31st Street from Pleasanton to Stewart avenues closed through Oct. 2.
- 31st from Bella to State streets closed through Oct. 18.
- Fulton Street from 9th Street to Capitol Boulevard closed through Oct. 1.
- Main Street from 8th to 10th streets restricted through Feb. 25.
- 1st Street from Cherry Lane to Elm Street closed through Sept. 11.
- Fairview Avenue from Barbara to Crestmont drives restricted through Sept. 23.
- Franklin Road from Linder to Ten Mile roads restricted through Sept. 30.
- Linder Road north and south of State Street restricted through Oct. 25.
- Main Street southbound from Ada Street to Franklin Road closed through Oct. 14.
- Meridian Road northbound from Franklin Road to Broadway Avenue closed though Oct. 14.
- Meridian Road from James Court Drive to Broadway Avenue restricted through Sept. 15.
- State Street/Idaho 44 from Ballantyne Lane to west of Linder Road restricted through fall.
Find out more
Idaho Road Report: For updates on construction- and weather-related road conditions, visit 511.idaho.gov., call 511 or call (888) IDA-ROAD (432-7623).
Ada County Highway District: See live traffic updates at www.achdidaho.org or call ACHD at 387-6100.