Here is a sampling of events:
- 7:30 p.m.: Southern rock with Brantley Gilbert at the Grandstand.
- All day: Fun with physics and puzzlemania, near the Rose Garden.
- 1, 3, 6 and 8:30 p.m.: Pig, duck and turkey races, Gate C.
- 1, 4:15 and 7:45 p.m.: Escape artist Lady Houdini, Spectra Stage.
- 2:30 and 5:30 p.m.: Hypnotist James Kellogg, Garden Stage.
- 3, 6 and 8:30 p.m.: Wild about monkeys, Bronco Motors Area.
- 4:30, 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.: Cody Beebe & The Crooks, Garden Stage.
- 1 p.m.: Fleischmann yeast contest, Western Town DemoStation.
- 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.: Kids pedal tractor pull, Kids Corral.
- 5:30 p.m.: Dash for cash, Western Town.
- 6:30 p.m.: No Spillin' the Pie Fillin', Western Town.
- All day: Antique tractor display, north of Expo Building.
- 5 p.m.: Make and take a flower wreath, Floral Department.
- 6 and 7 p.m.: Learn to knit and crochet, Home Arts Dept South Expo.
ANIMALS AND LIVESTOCK
- All day: Meet the animals, across from Kids Corral; Simplot Ag Pavilion, north of Expo Building.
- 1 p.m.: How to give a chicken a bath, Small Animal Building.
- 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.: Milking contest, Show Rings 1 and 2.
- 10 a.m.: Shorthorn show, Show Rings 1 and 2.
- 2 p.m.: Halter classes, The Onion Ring.
- 3:30 p.m.: Riding classes, The Onion Ring.
- 4 p.m.: Drill team competition, D&B Arena.
- 5 p.m.: WIF dairy cattle judging contest, UDI Ring.
The fair continues through Aug. 25. Fair hours: noon to 11 p.m. at gates A, B, C, F; 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., livestock gate only; noon to 9 p.m. closing day.
Concerts are free with paid gate admission: $8 adults, $5 children, $6 seniors, single-day carnival wristband for unlimited rides, $30, available at carnival booths.