Nampa house fire caused by computer battery

August 15, 2013 

Flames are burning through the roof of a Nampa home as fire crews work to extinguish the fire.


— An overheated laptop battery sparked a Nampa house fire Thursday, according to the Nampa Fire Department.

Residents were evacuated from the home, located on North Yale Street and Hudson Avenue.

Flames burned through the roof of the one-story home, but were under control by 12:50 p.m.

A dispatcher said that no one was injured in the blaze.

Check back with the Statesman for updates.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service