Lot fire spreads to garage of Boise home

July 8, 2013 

— Boise Fire crews extinguished a grass fire that spread to the garage of a nearby home Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials said the blaze started in an empty lot in the 2100 block of North Allumbaugh Street, next door to the home.

The garage of the home was on fire when firefighters arrived. Crews were able to put the fire out before it spread to the house.

The garage is damaged, officials said, but the residents will still be able to live in the home. No one was injured in the blaze.

The fire is under investigation.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service