Fire near airport extinguished

May 13, 2013 

— A trash fire inside a building sparked a blaze inside a Boise structure Monday. The Boise Fire Department was called to the building, located across the street from the airport, shortly before 11:30 a.m.

Ada County dispatchers did not know how the trash fire got started inside the metal recycling building. No one was hurt in the fire, and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze, they said.

Damage to the building appeared minimal.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service