Authorities discover more suspicious devices in Ontario home

broberts@idahostatesman.comApril 30, 2013 

Federal officials say they discovered multiple suspected explosive devices in an Ontario, Ore., home connected with a homemade bomb that injured two men near Vale earlier this month.

Authorities took devices from a residence at 1210 S.W. 3rd Ave. in Ontario shortly after the explosion on April 14, said Vince Pallozzi, agent in charge at the Boise office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He declined to say how many devices were recovered.

The two men, Mark Brinton, 59, and Drex Brooks, 60, were injured when the homemade bomb exploded.

The device went off in a remote area outside of Vale.

ATF officials are dissecting one of the devices taken from the residence to determine how it was put together, Pallozzi said.

Idaho Statesman is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service