Boise fire officials say an overheated fan ignited a fake Christmas tree and other decorations inside a store at the corner of Fairview Avenue/Milwaukee Street early Thursday morning.
The first report of the fire at the building in the 1500 block of Milwaukee Street came into Ada County dispatchers at 1:24 a.m. Thursday.
Boise fire crews arrived to find smoke coming from the UPS store there and called a second alarm a request for additional crews a short time later.
Crews were able to keep the fire confined to the UPS store but some smoke did get into other businesses in the strip mall. Crews had the fire under control shortly after 2 a.m., officials said.
The Christmas decorations were stored above a false ceiling in the store, officials said. No one was hurt in the blaze.