Boise fire say an overheated electric blanket was the cause of a fire which started in the basement of a home in the 4900 block of West Albion Street Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze before it could spread to the rest of the house.
Officials say no one was hurt and no one was inside the home when it caught fire just before 9 a.m. A passerby noticed smoke coming from the home and called 911.
The fire was contained the basement of the home, which did sustain smoke damage in other areas.
Fire officials say the blanket had been left on and laying on a bed in the basement for a week.