Albertsons LLC, a company based in Boise, has named the people who will oversee supermarket operations in Idaho and other states after it closes on a deal in mid-March to buy the rest of the Albertsons chain and other supermarket chains from Supervalu.
The incoming division presidents are current or past employees of Albertsons LLC. The incoming president of the Intermountain Division, which will include Treasure Valley stores, is Susan Morris. Morris is currently vice president of marketing and merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southwest Division. She started with Albertsons in Denver in 1985.
The company said its Northwest Division office, managing operations for stores in Northern Idaho, Oregon and Washington, will be based in Portland. Its president will be Dennis Bassler, currently a district manager in the Albertsons LLC Southern Division and former senior vice president of marketing/merchandising for Albertson's Inc. He started with Albertsons in 1981.
The deal is scheduled to close in the third week of March.
The other executives for Albertsons divisions will be:
- Southern California Division: Wayne Denningham, currently president of the Albertsons LLC Southern Division. He started at Albertsons in 1977.
- Southern Division: Mike Withers, currently vice president of Albertsons LLC marketing and merchandising for the Southern Division. He started at Albertsons in 1976.
- Southwest Division: Shane Dorcheus, who started with Albertsons in 1980, will continue as president of the Southwest Division.
Executives for the other retail chains being acquired in the Supervalu transaction will be:
- Acme Markets: Jim Perkins, former vice president of operations for Albertsons Inc., and director of operations for Albertsons LLCs Southern Division. He started with Albertsons in 1982 and is returning to the company after working as regional vice president with Giant Food.
- Jewel Osco: William Emmons, former Southern Division president of Albertsons LLC. He will return after having retired in October 2010. He started at Albertsons in 1971.
- Shaws & Star Markets: Shane Sampson, former vice president of marketing and merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southern Division. Sampson started with Albertsons in 1983, was a division president in the Intermountain and Florida divisions of Albertsons Inc., and will be returning to the company after working as senior vice president of operations at Giant Food.
Albertsons LLC, created in 2006, is privately owned by Cerberus Capital Management, Kimco Realty Corporation, Klaff Realty, Lubert-Adler Partners and Schottenstein Stores Corporation. It currently runs 190 Albertsons Market-branded stores and two Super Saver Foods stores in eight states and has about 20,000 employees.