A small but busy part of Downtown Boise lost power for over two hours Friday afternoon because of flooding in the basement of law firm Givens Pursley LLP.
The 16 customers between 6th and Bannock streets and at Capitol Boulevard and Idaho Street got electrical service back shortly after 3 p.m.
Boise fire crews were sent to Givens Pursley, located at 601 W. Bannock St., around shortly after noon to investigate a fire alarm and found some smoke in the basement area which appeared to the result of some flooding in the basement, according to police reports.
Idaho Power cut electricity service to the building as a precaution, which resulted in the limited power outage in the area 6th, Bannock, Capitol, and Idaho until 3:11 p.m.,according to Idaho Power officials.
People were evacuated out of Givens Pursley (and the Old Spaghetti Factory building nearby) for a short time after fire fighters arrived but were let back in later.
Boise Fire fighters were also sent to a medical office building on the Saint Lukes Boise Medical Center campus at 1st and Bannock streets around the same time to investigate an alarm and discovered a freon gas leak in the basement.
The gas is confined to the basement and the Boise Fire hazardous materials team is working to remove it.
Check back at Idahostatesman.com later for updates.