1. San Diego State: The Aztecs won their final seven games, possibly earning Coach of the Year honors for Rocky Long.
2. Boise State: The Broncos can clinch their seventh consecutive 10-win season by beating Nevada on Saturday.
3. Fresno State: The Bulldogs have scored a Mountain West-best 483 points this season after hiring defensive-minded coach Tim DeRuyter.
4. Air Force: Not a bad rebuilding year for the Falcons, who could finish alone in fourth place.
5. Nevada: The Wolf Pack expected to benefit from a loaded home schedule. Instead, theyve gone 2-3 in Reno.
6. Wyoming: If the Cowboys can keep quarterback Brett Smith healthy the next two seasons, they could crack the upper echelon of the league.
7. Colorado State: The Rams showed improvement in the second half of the season but coach Jim McElwain still has a lot of work to do.
8. New Mexico: The Lobos will be an intriguing team the next couple years as coach Bob Davie builds the roster to his liking.
9. Hawaii: The previously punchless Warriors smashed UNLV 48-10 last week.
10. UNLV: The Rebels have been unfathomably bad on the road this season, where they lost five of their six games by 20-plus points.