As you can imagine, a towns Chamber of Commerce gets all kinds of queries from potential businesses and visitors.
Not all are about business taxes or vacant industrial land.
At the Boise Metro Chambers annual dinner early in October, board Chairman Randy Hill shared the most unusual questions the chamber had collected.
Hill, a senior vice president for URS, isnt the first guy youd think of as a competitor to late-night star David Letterman.
But Hills Top 10 and his clever answers were a hit with the crowd, so we asked the chamber to share them with Statesman readers.
1. Why arent Idaho potatoes as good as they used to be? Because theyre better!
2. Are the streets in Boise paved? Yes, and we have indoor plumbing, too!
3. What temperature do I set my oven to bake a cake at Boise's higher altitude? This isn't Denver!
4. Can you drive my friend and me around town to the local wineries? Sure, as long as you are buying.
5 What is there to do in Oregon? I dont know. Ill check it out next time Im in Portland.
6. Can you tell me how to bake a potato the way my mom used to do it? No, but I can tell you how MY mom used to do it.
7 Can you give me all the locations of payphones in Boise? Gotta be a drug dealer!
8. Do you have BBQ in Boise? Yes, and we think it measures up to BBQ in Texas.
9. Can you send me a copy of my California birth certificate? Sure, next time Im in Sacramento!
10. What kind of dog would you recommend for an allergic 10-year old? Get a cat!