1. San Diego State: The Aztecs earned this spot by winning in Reno and Boise with their backup quarterback.
2. Boise State: The Broncos will look back on the Mountain West era with regret two home losses that likely prevented Bowl Championship Series berths.
3. Fresno State: Coach Tim DeRuyter cheered as he watched San Diego State upset Boise State, but his team still has tough games at Nevada and vs. Air Force.
4. Air Force: The Falcons have gone 0-2 against their fellow military academies but 4-1 in the Mountain West. Odd.
5. Nevada: Theres a not-too-far-fetched scenario in which the Wolf Pack could beat Boise State on Dec. 1 and create a five-way share of the MW title.
6. UNLV: The Rebels have shown signs of life in coach Bobby Haucks third year. They could be a bowl contender in 2013.
7. New Mexico: The Lobos feel-good season took an ugly turn in Las Vegas, where they lost 35-7 to UNLV likely ending their bowl hopes.
8. Wyoming: The Cowboys could make a run at 5-7 with road games against New Mexico and UNLV and a home game against San Diego State.
9. Colorado State: All seven of the Rams losses have come by 12 points or more. Wins are against Colorado/Hawaii, two of the worst teams in the country.
10. Hawaii: The Warriors have allowed at least 42 points in six of their seven games against FBS competition.