Firefighters from a half dozen local agencies battled a grass fire north of Eagle Wednesday afternoon, according to Eagle Fire spokesman Nevil Humphreys.
The fire burned near Willow Creek and Chapparal roads, and residents in the area were warned at about 3:30 p.m. of the possible need to evacuate.
Firefighters from Meridian, Eagle, Star, Emmett, Boise, Gem County and BLM battled the blaze, which Humphreys said was an accidental, human-caused fire.
The grass fire was sparked by someone "cutting a steel band off a pole," Humphreys said. He did not know what kind of pole, or why they were cutting the band off.
Gem County firefighters stayed on scene overnight to make sure there were no flare-ups.