A Kuna man is being treated for burns at a Boise area hospital after a box containing gunpowder and other gun supplies caught fire inside the garage of his home Wednesday afternoon.
Kuna fire crews were sent to a home on Chapparosa Drive just after noon Wednesday to investigate a report of a house fire and found the man standing outside the home and a small fire burning in the garage.
Fire officials say it appears the man was searching through a box of gun reloading supplies, which included gunpowder and two 6-volt batteries, when it ignited.
It appears the batteries caused an electrical arc which caused the gun powder to explode, officials said.
Kuna fire crews were able to put out the blaze in the garage before it did any significant damage to the home. Fire crews took the man to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Kuna fire officials were not sure how badly the man was hurt.