Continued hot, dry conditions throughout southwest and central Idaho have prompted Stage 1 fire restrictions on an expanded slate of private and government land throughout much of southwest and central Idaho Areas under Stage 1 Fire Restrictions now include:
· All private, State, and BLM protected lands outside incorporated city limits within Ada, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Washington counties, and portions of Idaho, Adams, Valley, Custer, Elmore, Camas and Blaine counties;
· All Boise National Forest lands within Boise, Elmore, Gem and Ada counties, and a portion of Valley County;
· All Payette National Forest lands within Adams, Washington and Idaho counties, and a portion of Valley County; and
· All Sawtooth National Forest lands within Elmore and Camas counties, and portions of Blaine and Custer counties
Stage 1 fire restrictions prohibit the following acts:
· Using a fire, campfire or stove fire, except within a designated recreation site, or on the user's own land within an owner-provided structure.
· Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building or designated recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials. For a detailed map of the new restriction area, visit: http://www.idahofireinfo.blm.gov/southwest/firerestrictions.htm.
Previous Stage 1 Restrictions, effective July 6 in south central Idaho and July 17 in southwestern Idaho, remain in effect.
Restriction information will be updated August 11 to the South Central Idaho Interagency Dispatch Center at http://www.idahofireinfo.blm.gov/south/firerestrictions.html.