Due to wildfire danger, the Bureau of Land Management issued Stage 1 fire restrictions for all state and BLM managed lands within Ada, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee and Payette counties.
The restrictions take effect Tuesday and will continue until rescinded. A violation of the restrictions could result in a $1,000 fine and imprisonment up to 12 months.
Under Stage 1 fire restrictions, the following activities are prohibited on public lands, roads and trails:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire or stove fire except within a designated recreation site, and only within on a fire structure provided by the administrative agency.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least 3 feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Persons with a written permit that authorizes it.
- Persons using fire fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any federal, state or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted.
- Other exemptions unique to each agency.
For a detailed map, visit the BLM Web site: http://www.idahofireinfo.blm.gov/southwest/firerestrictions.htm or click the link above right.