Limit put on North Beach at Ponderosa State Park
A 1,000-person maximum will be allowed at any one time throughout the year at the North Beach day-use area at Payette Lake near McCall. The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation established the carrying capacity for the beach to protect the natural resources on and around the beach and to ensure the health and safety of visitors, the state agency said.
North Beach is a popular destination over the Fourth of July holiday so those planning a visit should keep the limit in mind. When the limit is reached, visitors will be turned away. For more information on Idaho state parks, go to parksandrecreation.idaho.gov.
Rules set for South Fork Salmon areas
Some camping and parking restrictions have gone into effect along the South Fork of the Salmon River during the busy chinook salmon fishing season, which began June 23:
- Overnight camping, parking or leaving a vehicle on the paved surface of Road No. 474 or 674.
- Parking or leaving a vehicle or trailer in an area posted as closed to overnight parking between 11 p.m. and 4:30 a.m.
- Camping in an area posted as closed to camping.
- Possessing or storing of any glass food containers or beverage containers within the area.
26 hunters win in Super Hunt drawing
Entries were down about 10 percent from 2011. This year, of 35,499 entries, 14,496 were for eight deer tags, 12,104 were for eight elk tags, 2,386 were for eight pronghorn tags, 4,643 were for one moose tag, and 1,870 entries were for the Super Hunt Combo, which includes a tag for each of the four species.
In all the entries brought in about $168,000, Idaho Fish and Game said.
The winners were:
- Five resident hunters, one Utah hunter, one Texas hunter and one California hunter won deer tags.
- Seven resident hunters and one California hunter won elk tags.
- Four resident hunters, two Washington, one Oklahoma and one Utah hunter won pronghorn tags.
- A Washington hunter won the moose tag.
- A Utah hunter won the combo tag.
The second Super Hunt drawing will be in mid-August when another Super Hunt Combo and entries for two elk, two deer and two pronghorn hunts along with one moose hunt will be drawn.
The entry period for the second drawing continues through Aug. 11.