Hey shutterbugs, give us your best shot, its time for the photo contest.
If youre thinking, Wait, isnt that in the fall? Youre partially right. It has been for years, but we moved it up a few months.
Thats a good question, and we hope you like the answer. We added something so people can enjoy the best photos from the contest year-round.
The winners and honorable mentions will be featured in Idaho Outdoors, and winners will get some nice prizes provided by Idaho Camera.
But were also taking the best photos and making a calendar that celebrates all thats cool and beautiful about Idahos great outdoors.
So mark your calendar for the July 12 deadline, and start digging through your favorite photos.
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS
- Participants may enter up to five photos. Entries smaller than 5x7 inches or bigger than 16x20 inches and those not on photo-quality paper will be disqualified. Framed photographs will not be accepted.
- On the back of each photo or attached to it on a separate piece of paper, include the name of the photographer, a daytime telephone number, where the photo was taken, a short write-up about what the photo is about, why the photographer took it, and how it was taken.
Entries with incomplete information will be disqualified.
- The contest is open to amateur photographers, which is anyone who doesnt derive his or her main source of income from selling photos.
- The theme of the photo contest is Idaho outdoors, and all entries must be taken in Idaho. That can include scenic, action or wildlife photographs.
- Entries may be either color or black and white. Photos should be an accurate representation of the natural scene, or subject being photographed.
Photos manipulated to change, remove or add content to the image will be subject to disqualification.
- Panoramic photos made by combining two or more frames will be considered if the digital stitching does not change, remove or add content to the image.
- Image toning to correct color and contrast is acceptable. Over-saturated color or other dramatic toning techniques will be considered for artistic interpretation, but may be deemed in conflict with the natural theme intended for the contest.
Employees of the Idaho Statesman or Idaho Camera are not eligible.
WHERE TO SUBMIT PHOTOS
Entries can be dropped off or mailed to any of these Idaho Camera location by Wednesday, July 12:
- Orchard: 1310 N. Orchard St., Boise.
- Vista Village: 1036 Vista Ave., Boise.
- Boise Town Square: 350 N. Milwaukee St., Boise.
Entries will be available for pickup at the Idaho Camera Orchard location after publication.
The winning photographs and honorable mentions will be published in the July 26 edition of Idaho Outdoors.
The top four photos in the adult category and best photo in the youth category will win prizes, which will be announced later.
Photo contest entries and other photographs and articles submitted to the Idaho Statesman and Idaho Camera shall become property of the Idaho Statesman and Idaho Camera and may be reproduced and distributed in print, electronic or other form for perpetuity.
By submitting your materials, you agree to these terms.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Email email@example.com or call Roger Phillips at 377-6215.