Q. What is Idaho Statesman Plus?
A. The Idaho Statesman Plus package provides unlimited access to all of the content provided by the Idaho Statesman. This content includes:
- Our printed newspaper (7 days, Weekends, Sunday Only, etc.)
- Our website - http://www.IdahoStatesman.com
- Our mobile site - http://m.idahostatesman.com
- Our iPhone and Android Smartphone news apps (Idaho Statesman & BSU Football)
- Our e-Edition (the daily electronic version of our printed paper)
- Our iPad app
Q. How does the digital subscription work?
A. With a digital subscription, you will have unlimited access to all of the website and our other digital content. Without a digital subscription, you will be limited to 15 pages of content within a 30-day period. Some areas of the Idaho Statesman website will remain free while other areas will count towards the limit.
You click on the homepage for IdahoStatesman.com and select a story, that story page counts toward your limit of 15 free pages per 30-day period. Once you reach your 15-page limit, if you don't have a digital subscription, you'll be required to subscribe or wait until the next 30-day period to access them.
Q. What are my digital subscription options?
A. There are three options for digital subscriptions. Monthly or long-term subscriptions. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Q. What if I already renewed my newspaper subscription? Do I have to pay extra now?
A. No. The digital bundle charges will begin with your next renewal. If you've already renewed your Idaho Statesman newspaper subscription for 13, 26 or 52 weeks, you'll have access to the digital package without charge until your current subscription is due for renewal.
Q. Can I comment or read the comments without paying for a digital subscription?
A. You will need a digital subscription to comment or read comments once your 15 "free" page views are used each 30-day period. The log in and your user name for commenting are the same as before.
Q. Will I be able to use my free Idaho Statesman iPhone or Android news app without paying for a digital subscription?
A. Yes, but you will only have access to 60 "free" pages within a 30-day period. Like the IdahoStatesman.com website, your Smartphone app will be limited to the unlimited access pages (homepage, section fronts, dealsaver, etc.) and 15 free metered pages per month. A digital subscription will give you unlimited access to your Idaho Statesman mobile news app.
Q. How do I sign up for a digital subscription?
A. There are two ways to sign up for a digital subscription depending on if you are already a print subscriber.
Already a Print Subscriber?
- Visit http://www.idahostatesman.com/plus
- Click the button for existing print subscribers
- Select the option for adding a digital subscription to your print subscription
- Enter all the required information including your address to verify your print subscription.
- Your account will be automatically created using the email address and password you provide.
Need a New Subscription?
Visit http://www.idahostatesman.com/plus or after you have viewed your 15 free page views a pop-up online order form will appear and invite you to subscribe. You'll have the choice of a digital bundle if you want access to the digital package only, or you can sign up for a print and digital bundle, our best deal because it also includes delivery of the daily newspaper.
Q. How do I access my digital subscription after I sign up?
A. Once you have signed up for your digital subscription, you will be automatically logged in to your account from the device you used to initiate the subscription. You don't have to do anything else to access the content on the website. However, if you switch to another device or clear your saved login data, you may see the message asking you to subscribe. If that happens, simply click the "Sign In" button on the top left corner of that screen and enter your e-mail address and the password you selected.
Q. What if I don't want digital access?
A. Most of our readers have access to the Internet and use our web site or mobile applications, so bundling them together makes sense. If you never use the website, don't have a Smartphone or tablet, you can select out of the Digital portion. To do so, email us at email@example.com and include your name, email address, phone number and delivery address or call us at 208-377-6370.
Q. Why aren't the web site and news app free anymore?
A. The technological advances of the past decade have provided our readers with the ability to get information on their phones and tablets in an instant and they have demanded that same instant access to their news. So we are transforming our business, restructuring and retraining our staff, developing new skill sets to deliver breaking news through a variety of platforms and becoming 24/7 information specialists. In order to continue to provide our communities with the news and information they want, we are shifting our model to support these changes. Starting November 14:
- Our casual readers will get 15 pages for free every 30 days.
- Our more avid digital content consumers will be asked to pay a modest fee to continue reading the variety of content we provide daily.
- Our print subscribers, who are some of our most loyal customers, will be given a discounted rate to access all of our digital content as well as their printed newspaper.
Q. What happens if I've only use a few of my "free" pages when the month ends?
A. Our system works on a 30-day basis, not on a monthly calendar. So if your first "free" pages were in the middle of the month, your page allotment starts running again the middle of the following month. In other words, without paid digital access, visitors get 15 "free" metered pages within any 30-day period. They still have unlimited access to our homepage, section fronts, dealsaver.com, Find'nSave, advertising and a few other selected pages.
Q. We have one newspaper subscription and I want to add the digital bundle but my spouse and my child use your free Idaho Statesman mobile apps. Do I need three digital subscriptions?
A. No. You can log in using your account username and password from wherever you access the Internet and your digital subscription can be shared with up to five mobile app users.
Q. I have a computer at home and a computer at my office, do I need to purchase two digital subscriptions?
A. No. You can log in using your account username and password from wherever you access the internet and your digital subscription can be shared with up to five mobile app users.
Q. Can everyone in my household use the same account?
A. Yes. You can log in using your account username and password from wherever you access the Internet and your digital subscription can be shared with up to five mobile app users.
Q. Is access to the e-Edition included in my digital subscription?
A. Yes. Enter your account information for your digital subscription when prompted to gain access to our e-edition.
Q. I have a Weekend/Sunday Only subscription to Idaho Statesman. Do I still receive the home delivery discount for a digital subscription?
A. Yes, regardless of the frequency of your home delivered subscription you can add the digital access bundle for only $.65 per week.
Q. Will NIE teachers still have access to the e-Edition?
A. Registered NIE teachers will continue to have access to the Idaho Statesman e-Edition. If you have any questions or would like to sign up for access, please send an email to NIE@idahostatesman.com.
Press+ Account Management FAQ
Q. Who is Press+?
A. Press+ is our vendor who will manage the digital access on our website and apps. When you sign up for Idaho Statesman Plus, you will create a Press+ account, and if you have a digital only subscription, Press+ will charge your credit card for the subscription amount ; if you are a print subscriber your digital access fee will be included into your print subscription renewal. The charge from Press+ will appear on your credit card statement as "Press Plus" in the amount you have selected for your subscription not from the Idaho Statesman.
Q. How will Press+ digital subscriptions be billed?
A. Press+ accepts major credit cards. Subscriptions are billed every 30 days for monthly subscriptions or every 360 days for annual subscriptions. Your subscription renews automatically, and you are charged in advance of each billing cycle unless you cancel.
Note: Because Press+ is managing the billing for your digital subscription, the charge on your credit card statement will say "Press Plus" rather than the Idaho Statesman.
Q. Can I pay Press+ by check, invoice, or PayPal?
A. No. All payments to Press+ must be via credit card.
Q. What is the Press+ cancellation policy?
A. You may cancel your subscription at any time. When you cancel, Press+ will stop charging your account the following billing cycle. Your unlimited access will continue for the remainder of the current 30-day period. Afterward, you will still be able to view 15 pages per 30-day period on IdahoStatesman.com at no charge, just like any other visitor.
Q. Is the popup "subscribe" window a secure URL?
A. Yes. If you right-click on the window and "view frame info" or "frame source," you'll see it uses a secure https URL.
Q. How do I access my Press+ digital subscription account?
A. To access your account, follow these steps:
- Click "My Account" at http://www.mypressplus.com
- Log in with your email address and password
Q. What do I do if I forgot my Press+ password?
A. To reset your password, follow these steps:
- Go to https://accounts.mypressplus.com
- Click "Forgot password"
- Enter your email address and click "Submit." This will send you an email with a link to reset your password.
- After clicking the link, you will be prompted to enter and reconfirm your new password.
- Click "Submit" and your password will be updated
Q. How do I modify my Press+ payment information?
A. To modify your payment information, follow these steps:
- Click "My Account" at http://www.mypressplus.com
- On the "Account Summary" page, select "Modify Payment Information"
- Confirm that the cardholder name and billing zip code of your credit/debit card are correct
- Enter your card number and expiration date
- Click "Submit" and your payment information will be updated
Q. What if I have further questions?
A. For questions about your print subscription, or for more information about why we are charging for digital access, please contact our customer service department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-377-6370. For help accessing your digital subscription, please contact Press+ customer service at http://www.mypressplus.com/contact.
Q. How do I make IdahoStatesman.com my home page?
A. If you already have IdahoStatesman.com as your home page, you won't have to do a thing. If not, to make IdahoStatesman.com your home page, follow these instructions depending upon the web browser you use:
Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7 (or higher)
- Select the small black arrow beside the "house" icon.
- Select "Add or Change Home Page"
- Select "Use this webpage as your home page" (if you are on IdahoStatesman.com)
- Click "Yes"
Mozilla Firefox Version 3 (or higher)
- Click on Tools, then Options
- Select the General icon
- Where it says "Home Page", manually type the URL http://IdahoStatesman.com in the text box or, if you're already on IdahoStatesman.com, select the "Use Current Page" button.
Google Chrome Version 7 (or higher)
- Select the wrench icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the "Basics" tab (select Settings for older versions of Chrome)
- Under "Home Page" either type the URL http://www.IdahoStatesman.com in the text box of, if you're on IdahoStatesman.com, click on the "Use Current Page" button.
- Click and close.
Safari Browser Version 4 (or higher)
- Click on "General Safari Settings" on the status bar in the far right.
- Choose "Preferences"
- Choose the "General" icon
- In the "Home Page" box, manually type the URL http://www.idahostatesman.com.
- Click the red X in the upper right corner to close the window.